Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Internship Experience@Awesome

Feb 23, 2009. Strange, how a few days ago I was just a student freaking out with friends in the canteen/lobby of the campus, and suddenly today, I am a responsible intern with Karvy Stock Broking Limited, a Broking company. It was day one of my first internship, but that’s not the scary part. As soon as I entered the office with sweaty palms, I was told that the HR head would have a talk with me. I could feel the tension and unease! However, my meeting with the HR turned out to be a morale booster; I soon felt at home. And he told me meet him regularly so that we can share our learning.

I was assigned under the VP of Karvy to undertake my project(I will introduce him the last para...because ending should always be positive). I was impressed by the professionalism and concept of hierarchy followed in an office. Within days of joining, my teammate and I were given a project. With the help of my over supportive seniors, I know I am doing a great job. Since I want to specialize in marketing and finance, I am taking my work very seriously; after all, my seniors expect results. My day starts at 9.30 am and ends at 5 pm. I firmly believe that sitting in office and doing loads of thinking is not good for health! So, meeting clients is the most exciting part. It brings me more exposure and maturity. So I took time and visited some investor.


And it doesn’t end in this note I also went to some plywood manufacturing and trading companies as my father is in this great business. In Bangalore I went and had a talk with many of them so that it can give loads of idea and exposure to me. Also I was in search of some good business avenues which I can plan for the coming future, and I did so. What am I learning from my internship? Patience and enthusiasm is the key to perfect work. Landing an internship wasn’t as stress-filled as the first few days at the workplace. The whole ‘corporate stuff’ idea was rather wonder inspiring.

During one of the initial days, I was a little confused about the project and its related work, but after finalization of our company guide everything went smooth and it was a awesome to work under him rather I should rectify the statement working with him. As he treated us equally and never differentiated from their own staff and we interns. Frankly speaking he is such a cooperative person….just mind blowing……….idea of each and every field, you can ask him anything under this sun he will crack it……….it turned out to be a ice-breaking session. He thought us both mix of marketing and finance both in such a fashion that u will be master of both. Thanks to them, I have never felt completely lost. And one thing I am forgetting to mention he have thought the concept of HONEST RASCAL which is very true in this era and I think everyone should follow it.

There have been several times when we interns worked late into the night and were then treated to pizzas and maggis. I know this experience is preparing me to take that final plunge into the corporate world. From a no-strings attached college life to routine office life, the seriousness of a career is gradually sinking in.

3 comments:

  1. really a good one...n its true that SIP is preparing us for the coming stuggle....so called corporate world n even u r working on ur future business plans during SIP is really good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. then it seems you had a rocking Internship...keep going i can tell you that u will be one of the brightest Indian in ur future

    ReplyDelete